A homemade breakfast is always in order on Sundays around my house. It’s the one day of the week that we can slow down and just enjoy the mornings together without having to rush off to be somewhere else. A huge family favorite breakfast is cinnamon rolls. I used to just buy them in the can and be done with it, but then I just knew that there was a way that I could make them myself at home. Now you can do that, too!
Nothing is more comforting or gathers the family to the kitchen for breakfast then some warm cinnamon rolls. I am a huge fan of them and without buying them in the can, I can now make as many as I would like.
For the cinnamon rolls:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, cold, cut into Tablespoons
- ¾ cup buttermilk, cold
For the cream cheese drizzle:
- 2 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup softened margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
For the cinnamon filling:
- 1/2 cup softened margarine
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Preheat oven to 375F
Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until pea size pieces.
Add the cold buttermilk all at once and mix until dough forms a ball.
Roll dough onto a lightly floured surface, into a large rectangle.
While the cinnamon rolls are cooling, whip together the cream cheese drizzle, adding more sugar for a thicker drizzle, or more corn syrup for a lighter drizzle.