When school started in September, I thought that I would have so much more time to be getting stuff done with my son back in school. That proved to not be the case. I am not sure where September went, but it is now October. There is a pending crazy Hurricane Matthew heading our way. Maybe even heading our way TWICE if the little booger does the loop in the Atlantic that they are predicting.
Either way, September definitely came and went without so much as me noticing that it is now a week into October. I can’t even believe it.
So let’s take a look at how September really broke down.
- Try once again to get my house more organized. SUCCESS. I knew that I could do it.
Make 4 out of 7 meals something from scratch and not a boxed meal or takeout. The school year is upon us and it is going to get hectic around here.FAIL. We definitely got more carry out than anything this month. I blame it on the school year starting.
- Try not to be so anxious all the time. Try stress coping techniques that I have learned to ease myself into the school year and with life situations that arise. SUCCESS. Found a new stress supplement thanks to a friend. Let’s see if it works long term.
Read two books this month. I need to read more and maybe I can escape from life’s stresses.FAIL. I don’t think that I even made it through one.
- Get ready to have a four year old on the 18th! SUCCESS. Princess had a great birthday cookout with family and got all sorts of presents she is still enjoying. Plus she got a My Little Pony cake. What could be better?
Make sure to talk to family members two to three times a week to keep up with their lives. HALF SUCCESS. I need to get better about talking with my sister. Parents were a success.
- Make more time for my significant other. He works so hard and so do I that we need at least two nights a week where we are all about each other whether it is talking or watching a TV show or movie. SUCCESS. We definitely made more time for each other this month.
- I successfully moved to a self-hosted blog (notice the URL change!) and so now I need to reapply to more sponsored networks. SUCCESS. Got into a couple and got one opportunity. I know more are coming.
- Get 2-3 posts up a week and promote. Keep that momentum going! SUCCESS. I got 10 posts up last month. If you missed any of them make sure to check them out.
- Get page views over 4,000 this month. It’s ambitious, but I have a great feeling about September. HALF SUCCESS. I consider 3,624 pretty darn close!
- Get a schedule down for the school year now that I will have a third grader & preschooler. Three mornings a week it will just be me and my smallest. I need to take advantage of this time. I also need to make sure that I am available during homework to help my son succeed to the best of his ability. SUCCESS. Pretty proud of this one with juggling everything while my husband has a crazy work schedule.
I am actually pretty darn impressed with how many successes that there are up here on this list. Life is always throwing curve balls. I was stressed for a lot of last month. I am so glad that I got my self-hosted blog to take off the way that it did. That is the biggest accomplishment!
So now let’s get right into it with those new goals!
- I am really trying hard to declutter this month. I think a lot of my stress and anxiety is simply because there is so much stuff everywhere.
- Make sure that I keep up with the laundry for everyone. It’s daunting.
- Make the switch out of all the summer clothes to fall clothing…for five people. Wish me luck!
- Try to make sure that I remember to eat three real meals a day. I don’t know how it happens but it seems that I roll around to 2 PM and I swear all I ate was a snack.
- Read two new books this month. Get my bookcase.club subscription back.
Plan a time for a date night (even if it’s something here)! We need it desperately.
- Make two nights out of the week something that my significant other and I can sit down and do together without kids present. You know an adult movie that has some cursing? That kind of adulty stuff.
- Make sure that I keep pushing and applying to opportunities now that I am self-hosted. Still can’t believe it has been a month!
- Make sure that I am sticking to my schedule of two posts at least a week.
- Get page views over 3,000 this month. I swear this first week snuck up on me so this is ambitious to say the least. September was a great month!
- Make sure that I stick to my budgeting plan. We have been doing well thus far even though we had a couple setbacks.
- I don’t know if this is really considered a goal, but I want to seriously binge on some new shows. I need recommendations!
Thanks to Angie & Karen for setting up the Monthly Goals Linky Party. Make your goals and link up by clicking the picture below.