So I completely missed August goals. August started like a flash and before I knew it we were in the second week of it. I really have no idea how I let that happen, but it did. My kids have been enjoying their last month of summer and I have been working hard for others as a virtual assistant. My blog kind of took a back burner for a little while. It wasn’t cool, but it is a reality that I just need to face.
I literally put up six blog posts in August. Three in the beginning of the month and three at the end. There was a huge span from the 7th to the 22nd where I posted nothing. That’s unacceptable. I have so much that I wanted to share, so I will be doing that hopefully this weekend into next week. Better late than never right with wanting to share some back to school thoughts.
So let’s see how I did in July heading into August and then I will dive right in to what I want to accomplish in September.
Find the time to make my house feel more like a home. Decorations, storage, curtains for the closet, etc.FAIL! Majorly fail. I got some things cleared out, but no where near where I want it to be to feel more like home than a storage unit. Spend more time outside with my kids. Allocate an hour or two a day to fun activities.FAIL! I have felt so overwhelmed with everything in the last couple months that this just didn’t happen. I have horrible anxiety so I became a shell of myself for a little while.
- Finish Grey’s Anatomy. Keep up with Pretty Little Liars. Find a new show to indulge in. SUCCESS! My first success is one that might not be one to be proud of but hey it happened. If you haven’t watched Shameless, you need to! I also got into a show called Killer Kids. I have always loved crime dramas and this one is great.
Read four books this month. One per week. Sounds possible.FAIL! I subscribe to Bookcase Club (2 books of a genre of your choosing shipped to your door for $15!) and didn’t even open my July box yet nor did I even get an August box. I think I have read one book in two months and that depresses me.
- Get ready for the smallest’s 2nd birthday on August 4th. SUCCESS! We had a GREAT birthday celebration for my little miss!
Have one weekend date day with my guy without the kids this month.FAIL! No explanation except for that money was tight and he also had to work most weekends.
- Reconnect with friends that I may have pushed away since I became busy with life changes. HALF SUCCESS. I reconnected some over social media….but not in person.
Blog/Virtual Assistant Goals
- Get through those emails and apply to opportunities. HALF SUCCESS. I did well in July. August still has emails from the 11th. Sigh.
- Talk to clients about what else I can do for them and expand from within. SUCCESS! I have also taken on a couple new clients that I absolutely adore and am full for virtual assistant work. That makes me smile.
- Make at least one post a week. Promote that post. Utilize Facebook groups and social media. SUCCESS (if you count throwing 6 posts up this month but not spreading them out evenly.) I promoted them though.
Get page views back up to over 3K. This was a REALLY bad month.FAIL. I am working towards that for September though.
- Keep on the job hunt for remote positions to bring in the revenue that I have lost in the last month. It’s a struggle out there, but I just need to put out the applications. SUCCESS. Two applications a week. Boom!
Okay so maybe the last couple months haven’t been that bad. I am ready for fall weather though and what September has to bring, so let’s talk about it shall we. Goals time!
- Try once again to get my house more organized.
- Make 4 out of 7 meals something from scratch and not a boxed meal or takeout. The school year is upon us and it is going to get hectic around here.
- Try not to be so anxious all the time. Try stress coping techniques that I have learned to ease myself into the school year and with life situations that arise.
- Read two books this month. I need to read more and maybe I can escape from life’s stresses.
- Get ready to have a four year old on the 18th!
Make sure to talk to family members two to three times a week to keep up with their lives.
- Make more time for my signifigant other. He works so hard and so do I that we need at least two nights a week where we are all about each other whether it is talking or watching a TV show or movie.
- I successfully moved to a self-hosted blog (notice the URL change!) and so now I need to reapply to more sponsored networks.
- Get 2-3 posts up a week and promote. Keep that momentum going!
- Get page views over 4,000 this month. It’s ambitious, but I have a great feeling about September.
- Get a schedule down for the school year now that I will have a third grader & preschooler. Three mornings a week it will just be me and my smallest. I need to take advantage of this time. I also need to make sure that I am available during homework to help my son succeed to the best of his ability.
Thanks to Angie & Karen for setting up the Monthly Goals Linky Party. Make your goals and link up by clicking the picture below.