My kids are pretty excited about Finding Dory. I have to admit that I am super excited about the movie myself. I was part of the Finding Nemo generation and my best friend and I even quoted the movie to state “You are my Squishy and I shall call you my Squishy.” Maybe that’s not the exact quote but you get my drift. Pretty excited around here that Dory has her feature.
These snacks are super adorable and you will love making them with your kids just as much as you will eating them.
This recipe will yield 3 dozen Finding Dory Rolo pretzel snacks:
36 pretzel snaps (I used Snyders brand)
36 Rolo candy pieces – unwrapped
36 Pepperidge Farm Finding Dory goldfish crackers (18 blue and 18 gold)
Optional- Wilton white icing gel and yellow jimmies
1. Preheat oven to 200°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Lay the pretzels on the cookie sheet, at least 2 inches apart from each other.
3. Place an unwrapped Rolo candy in the middle of each pretzel.
4. Bake for 3-4 minutes or until the Rolo candies become shiny. You do not want them to melt..they just need to be soft.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
6. Gently press a goldfish cracker into each softened Rolo. Let cool for an additional 20 minutes.
7. Optional: using the white icing tube, pipe a line down every orange goldfish.
8. Optional: pipe an icing line down every blue goldfish and place 2-3 yellow jimmies on it.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
The last step is to obviously enjoy the snacks that you have created. Have you seen Finding Dory yet?