With Mother’s Day coming up soon, I wanted to take the time and reflect on what does it mean to be Mom. Being a Mom means that you are the bearer of multiple job titles and wear many hats throughout the day, after all they say a Mom is the glue that holds the family together. Clearly the urban dictionary got it right when they defined Mom as:
The woman who loves you unconditionally from birth, the one who puts her kids before herself and the one who you can always count on above everyone else.
Being a Mom is a tough job; not only due to holding many job titles but also because of the emotional rollercoaster ride a Mom endures while raising her offspring. It seems we all knew our Mom to hold many job titles, but what are those titles exactly?
- Food Tester – Mom will take the risk of food poisoning for you.
- Hairstylist – Mom will deal with wiggly kids just to get the right look every time.
- CEO of Household – need we say more?!
- Taxi Driver – Mom holds the record for most taxi rides given with least amount of tips.
- Potty Trainer – Mom is the master at getting kids to use that little toilet.
- Anger Management Pro – Mom has a knack to cool anger and build patience.
- Head Cheerleader – Mom cheers you on when no one else will.
- Personal Chef – Mom makes the best meals and snacks on a whim.
- Keeper of Secrets – Mom will forever hold your secrets close.
- Referee – When it comes to siblings, Mom will have all your backs and diffuse the situation.
- Doctor & Nurse – Mom is the master at using the first aid cabinet.
- Master of Boo-Boo Kisses – Nothing helps heal a boo-boo more than Mom’s kiss.
- Financial Director – Bills will get paid when Mom is in charge of the bank account.
- Consequence Giver- Mom is the Queen of fair consequences that fit the crime.
- Event Planner – Birthday parties, family gatherings, pfft – let Mom handle it all.
- Teacher – Mom is the first and last teacher in a child’s life.
- Story Teller – Mom is happy to read a story using dramatics just to get a smile out of her kids.
- Sleep Monitor – Trying to get out of bed after being tucked in? Mom will just know. Every Time.
- Laundry Professional – The never ending battle of laundry is a war Mom wins.
- Reverse Psychology Master – Moms know how to use trickery to get kids to complete tasks.
- Loving Wife – Moms still have love for their man after a long day of raising kids.
- Fundraising Wizard – Raising money is no problem for Mom, she’s got this!
With all of these job titles, it’s no wonder a Mom is ready to kick back with a glass of wine and her favorite book after the end of it all. One thing is for sure, you won’t see a Mom who wishes she could take it all away, that’s the job of a Mom; they will keep chugging along to wake up each morning stronger than the day before, ready to love you unconditionally and help keep the family bonds strong.