Be Ready for Baby with This New Parents Checklist
Congratulations you are a new parent! What an exciting new chapter you have entered into; this will be a chapter of love, patience testing and tears, but coming home with your new baby doesn’t have to be stressful when you get prepared with this important checklist for new parents.
- Bassinet – even if you are choosing to co-sleep with your baby, you will need something for the baby to sleep in for nap time or even for moments so you can shower or go to the bathroom.
- Car Seat – you will need to have a proper car seat ready and buckled in properly to your vehicle before you even are allowed to leave the hospital with your new baby.
- Diapers, Blankets and Washcloths – you will need to keep baby clean and warm which means having plenty of baby diapers on hand as well as baby friendly blankets and washcloths.
- Stroller or Carrier – whether you decide to use a carrier that allows you to “wear your baby” or a stroller, you will benefit from having some way to bring baby with you anywhere.
- Changing Table – while you don’t need to have an actual changing table, designating a safe place to change baby diapers will be beneficial.
- Diaper Bag – even if you choose to go with a large purse or backpack, you will need to have something to carry all of those baby supplies such as diapers and wipes in while on the road.
- Baby Monitor – you will want to have a good baby monitor to see your baby while they sleep because it is a great way to monitor baby without disturbing their sleep.
- Receiving Blankets – these come in super handy for baby spit up and burping time, learn to love receiving blankets and you can use these as household cleaning rags later on.
- Clothes – your new baby will need to have a selection of onesies and clothing that suits the season they are being born in, remember your baby will grow fast so get up to 10 outfits to start.
There may be more items on your own checklist for new parents, as we all have different desires, but this checklist for new parents will help you to be one step ahead for that day you welcome home your new baby. The best suggestion in making sure you don’t go broke welcoming new baby home is to make a list of needs versus wants and be certain to purchase all of the needs for new baby before purchasing your additionally wanted items. Good luck in this new chapter, may you enjoy the welcoming of your new baby and smile as you realize that you are now a new parent!