St. Patrick’s Day will be here before we know it. These simple treats can be made for any occasion with different colored chocolates, but this one is to celebrate with some green! I love to share snacks that can be altered to make for any occasion. These chocolate peanut butter balls are a hit in our house on a normal day, but making them festive is even more fun!
Make sure to also check out the pretzels that I shared for Valentine’s Day that can also be altered to use green and white for St. Patrick’s Day!
Chocolate Balls Ingredients
- 2 Cups of peanut butter
- ½ cup of butter
- 4 ½ Cups of icing sugar
- 3 Cups of rice krispies
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. of shortening
- Melt the peanut butter and the butter together over medium heat. Do not boil.
- Mix the icing sugar and rice krispies together in a large bowl.
- Pour the melted peanut butter into the bowl with the icing sugar and rice krispies.
- Mix together very well with your hands.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When the peanut butter balls are completely cooled, melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and place back onto the cookie sheet.
- Let the chocolate covered balls cool and harden.
- Melt different colored chocolate and place into a disposable decorating bag. Decorate for any occasion.
These are super fun and easy to make for a fun St. Patrick’s Day treat to share with family and friends!